Baby soft skin takes a baby soft touch
How you clean your skin totally depends on which skin type you have. But one thing is for certain, take it easy on your skin. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel can be used with a gentle cleanser with great results. Your face will thank you.
Quick Tips for Most Skin Types
- Frequency – Use a gentle cleanser and be careful not to cleanse too often. Too much washing will rob your skin of natural moisture.
- Time & Temp – hot water and long showers can remove too much oil from your skin and cause broken capillaries. So keep it short and lukewarm.
- So Long, Soap – choose a mild, gentle cleanser over bar soaps. Select a natural, gentle cleanser that works well for your skin type.
- Go in Circles – cleanse in a circular motion with your fingertips provided you’ve washed your hands first.
- Pat Dry – gently pat or blot your face with a soft towel so some moisture remains on your skin.
Exfoliating, in conjunction with a gentle cleanser, is a great way to see fast results. In fact, one reason that men’s faces often look younger than women’s is because shaving daily exfoliates their skin.
Try adding one of these tips into your routine:
- Dry Brush Exfoliation – use a soft natural bristle brush before you shower or use a gentle cleanser to remove dead skin cells, improve blood circulation and reduce puffiness.
- Scrubs – choose a gentle cleanser and natural exfoliating scrub with tiny grains that will help smooth your skin and prepare it for moisturizing.
How To Use Dickinson’s Original
Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:
- Wash & rinse your face with a gentle cleanser as usual.
* Always wash your hands first to prevent transfer of bacteria to your face! *
- Moisten a cotton pad/ball and gently apply to your face or splash on directly from the bottle to remove soap residue and impurities.
- No need to rinse! Natural extracts condition your skin throughout the day or night.
A Few Words About Moisturizers
Using a moisturizer in addition to Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel can be a great way to seal moisture into your skin. Applying a moisturizer is typically the last step of the skin care routine.
- Oily Skin – If you use a gentle cleanser, and you have oily skin, you do not have to moisturize as often as people with normal or dry skin (the only exception is people with acne).
- Don’t Overdo It – too much moisturizer can clog pores.
Witch Hazel, Nature’s
Little Power Plant
The ingredient that powers our products.