Use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel for:
Controls oil, eliminates shine and balances skin.
Oily skin occurs when overactive sebaceous glands produce more oil than needed making the skin look shiny, greasy or even dirty. Oily skin often has large pores that easily become clogged causing pimples, blackheads and other blemishes. Many people have combination skin. They have oily skin in certain areas and normal or dry in others. Witch Hazel can be used with a moisturizer for oily skin.
Use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel to remove the excess oil and lift trapped dirt and makeup residue from your pores without dehydrating your skin. Many products that claim to be a moisturizer for oily skin contain unnatural ingredients that strip your skin of too much oil and cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhea, where the glands overcompensate and produce even more oil.
Controls Oily Skin
An independent study found that Witch Hazel significantly removes excess oil and continues to control sebum levels over time.
Causes of Oily Skin:
- Hormone levels
- Birth control pills
Witch Hazel Wisdom for Oily Skin
- Before applying makeup, apply Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel to the oily parts of your face then dry thoroughly.
- Try a Witch Hazel Mud Mask 3x/week. Blend 1 tsp Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel, 1 tsp green clay powder & 1 tsp raw honey. Apply for 15 min. avoiding your eye area. Rinse with lukewarm water.
How To Use Dickinson’s Original
Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:
- Wash & rinse your face as usual.
* Always wash your hands first to prevent transfer of bacteria to your face! *
- Moisten a cotton pad/ball and gently apply to your face or splash on directly from the bottle to remove soap residue and impurities.
- No need to rinse! Natural extracts condition your skin throughout the day or night.
A Skin-Healthy Diet for Oily Skin
- Leafy green vegetables
- Fresh fruit
- Lean protein
- Whole grains, beans and nuts
- Vitamins B2 & B5
- Water or herb tea
- Fatty foods
- Fried foods
- Highly seasoned foods
- Refined starches & sugar
- Cooking with oil
- Soft drinks & alcohol
- Junk food
We’ll Control the Oil. You Control the Stress.
Too much stress can actually trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. So relax and avoid the
silly stuff that stresses you out.
Witch Hazel, Nature’s
Little Power Plant
The ingredient that powers our products.