Even out the areas that are oily here, or dry there.
Dry skin or xerosis can have rough, flaky texture and often feels tight and itchy. It often appears dehydrated, and fine lines & wrinkles are more evident. This is because the dry facial skin’s essential oils and fats have been stripped away, removing the protective barrier and allowing it to lose necessary moisture. It is estimated that 20% of the population suffers from a dry skin problem.
Dry facial skin can be exacerbated by using harsh detergents or soaps. Instead, try using moisturizing washes or creams to remove dirt and oil from dry skin and then use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel to tone and rejuvenate without removing the essential moisture your skin needs. Its botanical formula will not only clean your skin, but will also help to condition and nourish dry facial skin naturally, making it soft and smooth. If desired, follow with your favorite light moisturizer to form a protective barrier and help reduce moisture loss.
Dryness, Irritation & Blemishes
An independent 6 week study found that unlike many toners, Witch Hazel is non-drying, helps soothe irritated dry skin, and reduces blemishes with prolonged use.
There Are So Many Causes of Dry Facial Skin:
- Genetic predisposition
- Excessive air travel
- Frequent washing or swimming
- Harsh Acids & Detergents
- Poor diet, a lack of Vitamins A & B, Zinc and Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Drugs, alcohol and smoking
- Central heating & air conditioning
- Cool wind, low humidity, too much sun & dry climates
- Skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis
How To Use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner:
- Wash & rinse your face as usual. * Always wash your hands first to prevent transfer of bacteria to your face! *
- Moisten a cotton pad/ball and gently apply to your face or splash on directly from the bottle to remove soap residue and impurities.
- No need to rinse! Natural extracts condition your skin throughout the day or night.
Brushing Isn't Just for HairA dry brush exfoliation before you shower eliminates dead skin cells from dry skin, improves blood circulation and allows your skin to detoxify. See more of our Natural Skin Care Tips
Witch Hazel, Nature's Little Power Plant
The ingredient that powers our products.